- This is the capital city of Tamilnad State, it is very big city which is 4th big city in India. It is on the shore of Bay of Bengal. Here so many temples are there. a) Parthasarathi temple is one of the 108 divya desams. It is in Triplicane chennai. It is the temple of Lord Krishna. It was built in 6th century. It is just 4kms away from Chennai Central Railway Station. b) Kapaleswar Temple is the one of the biggest temples in chennai. It is in Mylapor chennai. It is the temple of Lord Siva. It was built in 7th century. It is 7kms from Chennai Central Railway Station and 3kms from Parthasarathi temple. c) Murudeeswar temple is one of the best temple in Chennai it is in Thiruvanmiyur. It is the temple of Lord Siva. It was built in 11th century. It is 14kms from Chennai Central railway station and one km to Thiruvanmiyur railway station.d) Ashta Lakshmi Temple is one of the famous temple in Chennai. It is near to Elliots Beach. It is the temple of Goddes Lakshmi and her 8 primery forms. It is 14kms from Chennai Central Railway Station, 2kms from Murudeeswar temple and 7kms from Kapaleswar Temple. E. Murugan Temple is also one of the famous temple in Vadapalani, Chennai. Here Andavar and Perumal Kovils (Temples) are also there. It was biult about 125 years back. It is 11kms from Chennai Central Station, 1.5kms from Arumbakkam Metro Railway Station.
- This town is District Head quarter. Sri Veeraraghava Perumal Kovil is one of the 108 Divya Desam Temples. It was built 9th century. It is 47kms from Chennai and 40kms from Thiruthani.
- This is a Taluq head quarter town in Thiruvallur District. Lord Murugan Temple is here on a hill, which to climb 365 steps. It is 40kms from Thiruvallur, 88kms from Chennai and 66kms from Tirupathi.
4. Sholingur (Ghatikachalam)
- It is a Taluq hear quarter in Vellor District. Sri Lakshmi Narasimhaswamy Temple is on a hill whi is have 1300 steps. This temple is also one of the 108 Divya Desam temples. It was built in 5th century. It is 28kms from Thiruthani, 52kms from Vellore.
- This is the District head quarter. It is very big city. This city has another name as Temple city. a) Varadarajaswamy temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu which was built in 11th century. It spread 23 acres area. b) Ekambareswara Temple is dedicated to Lord Siva which was built in 6th century. It has 59mtrs tall Rajagopuram. c) Kamakshi Devi Temple is one of the main diety in Kanchi puram. Kanchi Kamakshi Mutt which is established by Adisankaracharya is here. And 13 Divya Desams also are in this city. So many other temples are here to visit. It is 72kms from Chennia.
- It is a District head quarter. Vellore Fort is very famous. Jalagandheeswarar Temple is here, it is very good temple and very old temple. And Sri Lakshmi Golden Temple which is in Sripuram is just 8kms away from this city
- It is also a District Head quarter. Arunachaleswar Temple, very big temple is here. It spread 25 acres and has 6 Rajagopurams in those one is 66mtrs tall. Ramana Maharshi ashram is also here. The holy Hill is here, pilgrims do parikrama ( circumambulating) to this hill as they feel that he holy itself Arunachaleswar. Its total distance is 14kms. It is 120kms from Kanchipuram, 87kms from Vellore and 190kms from Chennai.
- It is a Taluk head quarter town in Villupuram district. a) Thiruvikrama Perumal temple is one of the 108 temples, it is the temple of Vamana Avatar Moorthy. b) Virateeswara Temple is dedicated to Lord Siva. It is 36kms from Thiruvannamalai and 39kms from Villupuram.
- It is on the bank of Bay of Bengal. Shore Temple, cave temples and rock cut rathas are here. Sthala Sayana Perumal Temple one of the 108 Divya Desams temples is here. It is 54kms from Chennai. And two more Divya Desams also near here on the way to chennai, they are first one thiruvedanthi Sri Nitya Kalyana Perumal temple which is 16kms from Mahabalipuram on the road of Chennai, second one Thirunirmalai Sri Nirvanna Perumal Temple which is 22kms from Chennai and 4kms from Pallavaram.
- It is taluq headquarter town in Cuddalur District. Nataraj Temple is very famous, it is one of the Panchbooth Sthalams represent five basic elements. It is Akash (space) Lingam. Sri Govinda Perumal Temple is also here. It is on of the 108 Divya Desams. It is 240kms from Chennai, 58kms from Pondicherry and 60kms from Karaikal.
- It is a taluq headquarter in Nagapatnam District. Sathainathar Temple is famous temple here. It is dedicated to Lord Siva. Thiruvikraman Perumal Temple is on of the 108 Divya Desams.
- It is a taluq headquarter town in Thanjavur District. This town has another name as Temple town. It is on bank of River Kaveri. a) Adi Kumbheswara Temple, b) Nageswaraswamy Temple, c) Viswanatha Temple these all are dedicated to Lord Shiva. e) Sarangapani Temple is one of the 108 Divya Desams f) Sri Ramanathaswamy Temple and Chakrapani Temples are also here which are dedicated to Lord Vishnu. And Maha Magham Tank is very famous one. 40kms from Thanjavur and 275kms from Chennai.
- It is a small village near Kumbakonam. Muragan Temple is very famous which is on a small hill. It is just 8kms away from Kumbakonam and 35kms from Thanjavur.
- It is District head quarter city. Bruhadeswara Temple is very big and famous temple in this town. It is 56kms from Tiruchirapalli and 335kms from Chennai.
- It is a small town but has a very big temple. It is also on bank of River Kaveri. Sri Ranganayakaswamy Temple is one of the biggest temple in India. It is also one of the 108 Divya Desams. Its spread the area of 1677 acres. And Thiruvanaikovil and Akhilandeswari Temple in Jambukeswaram. This Jambukeswaram is just 2kms away from Srirangam. It is 13kms from Tiruchirapalli.
- This city is a District headquarter. It is on the bank of river Vagai. Meenakshi Temple is very famous and big temple. Sri Koodal Alagar Perumal temple is one of the 108 Divya desam temples. It is 135kms from Tiruchirapalli.
- It is a temple town in Ramnathapuram Ditrict and it is on bank of Bay of Bengal. Ramanathaswamy Temple is a very big temple. This is dedicated to Lord Siva. It is one of the 12 Jyothirlingas. Temple Tanks are very important here. Every pilgrim must bath from these 24 or 14 tanks' (well) water. Gandhamadhana parvatham (hill) is 3kms away from here. It is 170kms from Madurai.
- It is in Thoothkudi District on the bank of Bay of Bengal. The famous Muragan temple is here. It is 90kms away from Kanyakumari and 180kms from Madurai.
- It is also a District headquarter. Kanyakumari lies at the southernmost tip of mainland India and three seas (Bay of Bengal, Hindu Ocean and Arabia Ocean) are meet here. Kanyakumari Temple, Vivekananda Rock where Vivekananda meditated, Tiruvalluvar Statue and Gandhi Memorial are to visit. It is 90kms from Trivendrum and 700kms from Chennai.
- It is a taluq headquarter in Dindigal District. Muragan Temple is very famous here on a hill, rope way also available here to reach the temple on the hill. It is 58kms from Dindigul.