- It is the capital city of West Bengal State. It is third biggest city in India. It is on the bank of Hugli (Ganga) river. Kali Temple in Dakshineswar, Kali Temple in Kalighat, Sheetalnath Jain Temple, Birla temple, Lal mandir, Dwadasha Siva temples are the main temple in Kolkatta. Ramakrishna Muth Head qurter and Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Temple is in Belur.
- It is a municipal town in Hoogli District. Taraknath Temple is here. It is 62kms from Kolkatta.
- It is a small village at river Ganga merged in Bay of Bengal. Shrunkhala devi temple is one of the 18 shakti peethas. Kapila muni temple is also here. Gangasagar is 135kms from Kolkatta.
- Tarapeth is a town in Bhirbum district. Taradevi Temple is is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas. 220kms from Kolkatta, 80kms from Dumka and 150kms from Mayapur.
- It is a municipal town in Nadia district. It is the birth place of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Krishna temple, Balaram mandir, Radha Mandir and so may temples and ashramas are here. Krishna mandi is in Mayapoor near here. Nawadweep is 120kms from Kolkatta.