- It is the capital city of Orissa (Odisha) State. Here is so many temples in Kalinga Architecture. Lingaraja Temple is very famous and so many temples are there in the same ground.
- It is a small town on the hight of Bhuvaneswar and Puri. Sakshi Gopal Temple is very ancient temple. It is 42kms from Bhuvaneswar and 18kms from Puri.
- It is the district headquarter. It is on the bank of Bay of Bengal. Saint Adi Sankaracharya established eastern “Sankara Mutt” here ( Sankaracharya established four Mutt in four sides of India) Jagannath Temple is the main temple here. It is very big and ancient temple. It dedicated to Lord Krishna, Balarama and Subhadra ( sister of Sri Krishna and Balarama). Famous Puri Jagannath Ratha Yatra is performed every year in Ashada Masa (July-August) lakhs pilgrims attend to this Ratha Yatra. Gundich temple is also another temple is here. And so many temples and Ashramas are here. It is 60kms from Bhuvaneswar.
- It is a small town in Puri district. It is also on the bank of Bay of Bengal. Famous Sun Temple is here. It is constructed in 13th century. It was ruined by Moghals. Konark Dance Festival is held here every year in December. All Indian classical dances performed in this festival. It is 65kms from Bhuvaneswar and 36kms from Puri
5. Jajpur Birajadevi
- It is in a small village in Jajpur district. Biraja (Viraja or Girija) Devi temple is one of the 18 Shakti Peethas. Saptha Matrika Temple is on the bank of Vaitharani river. It is 100kms from Bhuvaneswar and 78kms from Cuttack.
- It is a small village in Puri district. 64 Yoginis Temple is here. Ii is very ancient temple. It is near to Bhuvaneswar, I think it is 20kms.
- It is the district headquarter. Kapilash (Kailash) Temple is well known temple. It is 75kms from Bhuvaneswar and 50kms from Cuttack.