As we know this world is established with the Panch Boothas (Five Elements). They are 1. Pruthvi (Earth) 2. Jalam (Water) 3.Agni (Fire) 4.Vaayu (Air) 5.Akash (Sky). For these five booths five Siva Lingas are there in South India. Details of them are here.
1. PRUTHVI LINGAM
- It is in Kanchipuram which is in Tamilanad State, It is 72kms from Chennai and 107kms from Tirupati. EKAMBARESWARA TEMPLE is the first one. It is a very big temple and sculpture also so beautiful.
2. JALA LINGAM
- Iis in Jambukeswaram, which is also in Tamilanad State, it is 9kms from Tiruchirapalli (Trichi) and 2kms from Srirangam. JAMBUKESWARA SWAMY TEMPLE is the second one. This is also So big temple.
3. AGNI LINGAM
- It is in Thirumannamalai which is also in Tamilnad State, it is 140kms from Kanchipuram, 85kms from Vellore and 190kms from Chennai. ARUNACHALESWAR TEMPLE is the third one. It is also a very very big temple.
4. VAYU LINGAM
- It is in Kalshasti which is in Andhra Pradesh State, It is 40kms from Tirupathi, 100kms from Nellore. SRIKALAHASTI SWAMY TEMPLE is the fourth one. This is also very big temple.
5. AKASH LINGAM
- It is in Chidambaram which is in Tamilnad State, it is 235kms from Chennai, and 72kms from Kumbakonam. NATARAJA SWAMY TEMPLE is the fifth one. It is also big temple.