Saurashtre Somanaatham Cha Sree Saile Mallikharjunam
Ujjayinyaam Mahaakaalam Omkaare Mamaleswaram
Himalayetu Kedaram Daakinyaam Bhimashankaram
Vaaranaasyantu Viswesam Tryambakam Gowtameethate
Paralyaam Vaidyanaatham cha Naagesam Daarukaavane
Sethubandhe Ramesham Grushnesam cha Shivaalaye
This Dwadasa Jyothirling Sloka. Lord Shiva himself self creat (Swayambhu) in many places to give blessing to his devotees. In them Main Twelve Places are called as Dwadasa (12) Jyothirlingas. They are spread in India Only. They are one in Tamilnad, one in Andhra Pradesh, four in Maharashtra, Two in Madhya Pradesh, two in Gujarat, one in Uttar Pradesh and one in Uttar Khand.
- It is in Prabhas Pattan in Junagarh district, Gujarath. It is on the bank of Arabian sea. Somanatheswar Temple is reconstructed in 1948 after independence by Deputy Prime Minister Vallabha bhai Patel. It is 407kms from Ahmadabad which the capital of Gujarath State.
- It is in Nallamalai Forest in Kurnool distrit, Andhra Pradesh. It is on the bank of river Krishna. Mallikharjuna Temple is here. Bramarambha Devi Temple is one of the 18 shakti peethas. It is 210kms from Hyderabad City which is Capital of Andhra Pradesh. 180kms from Kurnool and 265kms from Vijayawada.
- It is The district headquarter in Madhya Pradesh. It is on the bank of river Kshipra. Mahakaleswar Temple is here. Harsiddi Mata Temple is one of the 18 shakti peethas. It is 192kms away from Madhya Pradesh capital city Bhopal. And Indor is just 56kms away.
- It is a pilgrim town in Khadwa district, Madhya Pradesh. It is on the bank of river Narmada. Omakareswar Temple is here. It is 142kms from Ujjain, 80kms from Khadwa and 265kms from Bhopal.
- It is also a pilgrim centre in Himalayas, Uttarakhand. It is one the bank of river Mandakini. Kedarnatheswar Temple is here. Very difficult to reach here. one must treck or use pony or helicopter 14kms to reach this temple from Gaurikund. Gaurikund is 235kms from Haridwar, 255kms from Dehradun and 445kms from New Delhi.
- It is near Khed in forest of Maharashtra. It is the birth place of river Bhima. Bhimashankar Temple is here. It is 110kms from Pune and 222kms from Mumbai.
7. Varanasi (Kasi)
- It is a District headquarter city in Uttar Pradesh. It is on the bank of river Ganga. Visvanath Temple is here. Visalakshmi temple is one of the 18 shakti peethas. It is 320kms from Lucknow which is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh State and 120kms from Allahabad.
- It is a temple town in Nashik district, Maharashtra. It is the birth place of river Godavari. Tryambakeswar Temple is here. It is 32kms from Nashik and 175kms from Mumbai.
9. Parli Vaidyanath
- It is a municipal town in Beed district. Vaidhyanatheswar Temple is here. It is 220kms from Aurangabad and 285kms from Shirdi. For this Jyothirlinga two more temples claim they are the original vaidhyanath Temples. A) Vaidhyanath Dham It is located in Doeghar in Jarkhand State. Vaidhyanatheswar Temple is here. Doeghar is 278kms from Ranchi and 258kms from Patna. B) Biajyanath It is a small town in Kngra district, Himachal Pradesh. Baijyanath temple is here. It is 51kms from Kangra and 220kms from Shimla the State capital city.
- It is just pilgrim centre in Jamnagar district, Gujarat. Nagantheswar Templeis here. It is 17kms from Dwarka and 460kms from Ahemadbad which is State capital city. For this Jyothirling also two more temples claim they are the originals. A) Aundha Naganath is a twon in Hingoli district, Maharashtra. Naganath Temple is here. It is 50kms from Pharbani, 210kms from Aurangabad and 360kms from Nagpur. B) Jageswar It is a pilgrims centre in Almora distrct of Uttara Khand. Jageswar Temple is here. It is 38kms from Almora and 100kms from Nainital.
- It is temple town in Ramanathpuram district, Tamilnad. It is on the bank of Bay of Bengal sea. Ramalingeswara Temple is here. It is 170kms from Madhurai and 555kms from Chennai.
- It is at Verul village in Aurangabad district, Maharashtra. Grushneswa mahadev Temple is here. It is 31kms from Aurangabad and 322kms from Mumbai.